COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Recognizing that a single person’s behavior can cause a tremendous ripple effect that can impact people far far away, I, like you, want to be intentional about my choices. As social animals, we are wired for connection and we grow, heal and expand through our positive social relationships and supportive community engagement.
We need each other to thrive.
Social isolation and a lack of physical contact can be a huge stressor and challenge for our collective mental and emotional wellbeing. Throughout this time I have been doing my best to stay informed about how to responsibly respond as a somatic therapist, community organizer, family member, mama, tia, independent business owner, and friend. While many of us have pre-existing local support systems that we can lean on during these times, many of us do not. I recognize how vital in-person care may be for some of us, particularly depending on what you are navigating in your life, your access to privacy at home, access to adequate technology for virtual sessions, and level of outside support.
For clients who choose to meet for in-person sessions during the COVID-19 pandemic, by scheduling an in-person session and signing a session consent form, the client assumes the risk for exposure to COVID-19. You are the decision maker for your health care. Part of my role is to provide you with information to assist you in making informed choices.
For those of you who would like in-person care, you are welcome to schedule an in-person session knowing some things are different than usual, for your own safety and mine:
- Unvaccinated clients must wear a clean, properly fitted face mask at all times. According to CDC guidelines, mask must be TWO OR MORE layers, fully cover your nose and mouth, secure under your chin and fit snuggly against the sides of your face. Do not wear a mask with exhalation valves or vents.
- Unvaccinated clients: No food or beverages may be consumed in the session room to ensure masks are worn at all times. If this is a concern for you, you may step outside of the office to care for you hydration & nutrition as needed.
- Clients with proof of their COVID-19 vaccination may choose to wear / not wear a mask and vaccinated clients may request that I wear / not wear a mask. (I have received both doses of the Moderna vaccine.)
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your session time. Please text “check-in” upon your arrival. I will text you back within 3 minutes and then meet you outside (down the driveway in the back under the patio overhang) for a pre-screening before you enter the building. (Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your session time.)
- All clients will be temperature checked with a touch-less digital thermometer prior to entering the building. If a client has a temperature above 99º, the session will be rescheduled for a later date without charge.
- You must agree to wash your hands or use the provided alcohol-based hand sanitizer prior to entering the building and throughout the session as necessary to ensure safety. (Please refrain from drying your hands on your clothing and use the provided fresh hand towel and/or hand sanitizer.)
- In certain circumstance, I may be required to notify federal, state, or local health authorities that you have been in the office. This may occur if you or I have tested positive for COVID-19. If I am required to report this, I will only report the absolute minimum information necessary to perform their health duties with respect for contact tracing and otherwise maintain strict confidentiality.
- Clients must agree to me if they or a member of their household has tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days before or after a session with her. (Please note you may choose to keep names confidential and artemisia will hold this information with strict confidentiality and only share with those who may need to know, like her health care provider.)
- Clients are under no obligation book in-person sessions and may choose to switch to a virtual zoom session at any time to ensure health and safety. I reserve the right to terminate any in-person sessions if it becomes unsafe during the COVID-19 pandemic.